Thursday 6 September 2012

Happy in... Harrogate


A few weeks back, I treated my mum to a couple of nights away in Harrogate. Though only a couple of hours drive away, I had not spent any real time there before and I wasn't really sure what to expect. 

We had a great time! The sun was shining as we wandered through Valley Gardens and Harrogate's little cobbled shopping streets, walking past the impressive Royal Pump Room building (apparently you can sample sulphur water there - yum!), and stumbling upon a farmers market where we bought some almosttoogoodtoeat Lauden chocolates
 

We spent a mere £15 each to relax in the Turkish Baths (beware, clothing is optional for ladies only sessions!), treated each other to Champagne Afternoon Tea at Bettys Tea Rooms, and ate like kings in the stunning setting of Royal Baths Chinese restaurant.
 

Harrogate: Totally relaxing, and a lovely place to spend quality time with my mum. Anyone out there been to Harrogate? I would definitely make a return trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...