Thursday 3 January 2013

Dem's da Rules: Resolutions for 2013 #JanuaryJoy



It's a new year; in fact it is three days into a new year and I am yet to post my resolutions (which may explain why I've not done too swell a job at sticking to them so far?) Here we go...

For 2013, I hope to: 


  • Be more body friendly. This covers eating a better diet, eating a lunch (which I often skip), drinking more water, getting enough exercise, and also generally taking better care of my hair and skin in 2013.

  • Learn a new skill. I think 2013 is the year I'll enroll in a course to learn for fun, for enjoyment. Perhaps a sewing class, a full photography course, I'm not sure exactly what just yet but one where I can dip in and out if I want, no pressure.

  • Be 'wild'. This sounds a tad more dramatic than it represents: Too often I fall into routines and then get fed up of them, yet reluctant to change things up. So, in 2013, I'm going to say 'yes' to new opportunities more often, take risks, step outside of the 'normal' routine, and then remember all of 2013's highlights on these pages.

I hope to avoid:

  • Worrying. I'm a pretty positive person but I have the tendency to fret, too much, about what people think of me, of my life, of my research and teaching. This is definitely something I need to work on in 2013.

  • Boredom. I need to remind myself that I am responsible for my own happiness and to enjoy the fun in little moments and, if I'm getting restless, know that it's up to me to do something about it and change things up a little to enjoy life to the full (big up to resolution no#3: Be wild).

It will be good to look back to this post December 2013 and see how close I came to achieving each of these but then again, rules were made to be broken!

I'm taking part in #JanuaryJoy on Florence Finds. Each day brings a new prompt to help you through any post-Christmas blues! First prompt: Make some resolutions for 2013. Done! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...