Monday 7 January 2013

The Skin You Live In #JanuaryJoy

Today's #JanuaryJoy was all about skincare. I confess, I'm often dirtying up my pillowcase with the day's mascara and my night cream some times stays in the drawer, unused.

One of my resolutions for 2013 was to be more body friendly. If nothing else, today's #JanuaryJoy has made me think about what I use and like, and what I use because I'm simply used to buying it. If you love the product, I would imagine you're more likely to use it as you should.

The Regulars.
These are the things that get used, face or body, day to day:
Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser SPF30

  • Body Shop Vitamin C daily moisturiser with SPF. In my opinion, you can't beat it. I've had samples of lots of different face creams, at different price ranges, but I seem to always go back to this one, priced around £12. 
  • Garnier Simply Essentials Sensitive make up remover. It does the job!
  • Johnson's Baby Oil. I get very dry itchy skin after bathing but using this all over, daily, has really helped.
  • Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector. May not smell pretty, but it is the best hand cream. 

Skin treats.
Basically when I remember to use them, which I pledge to be more often in 2013:
Vitamin C Microdermabrasion  
  • Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion facial scrub. To be honest, I've used the same thing for ages because it gets picked up with my other BS things. I'd happily change this product to something that does a better job.
  • Boots Sanctuary Facial Oil. Lovely feel, sinks in quickly and has a spa-like smell. 
  • Boots No.7 Protect and Perfect eye cream. I do use this most days, day and night. It's light and makes my eyes feel less puffy. There may be something better out there though.
  • Boots No.7 Protect and Perfect night cream. Again, I do use this most days and it has only a light, fresh scent that doesn't overpower you as you try and fall asleep.
It's funny what you keep using out of habit, but then there are so many things advertised it can be an overwhelming task to find something new that matches it's gimmick. I'd definitely welcome any recommendations, particularly any good facial cleansers and toners, and facial exfoliators.

Any tips?

fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please stop and say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...